Hello there, Guys and Gals!!! Summer is finally upon us and now its time to have fun in the sun. Even though this is the time to enjoy the warm weather, blue skies, swimming and other outdoor activities with family and friends. It is also the time for sunburn. Sunburn is caused by an overexposure to the sun’s rays and it can happen to anyone. So what do you do to treat sunburn? Here are 5 home remedies to treat sunburn.
- Aloe Vera is the most common remedy because of its anti-inflammatory properties. Also, its soothing properties helps ease the pain of sunburn.You can either use the gel from an aloe vera plant to apply to the sunburn or purchase a bottle of aloe vera gel from any local market.
- Baking Soda’s alkaline nature soothes sunburned skin as well. It can also relieve the itchy sensation. Just add to bath water and soak.
- Oatmeal helps the skin retain its natural moisture and reduces irritation. Just add 1 cup of it to bath water and soak for about half an hour.
- Apple Cider Vinegar can not only soothe sunburn pain but also speed up the healing process.
- Cold Compress helps reduces the inflammation and the pain associated with sunburn. Never apply ice directly to the skin. Be sure to wrap a handful of ice cubes in a damp cloth, then apply to skin.
Sunburn can happen in the summer as well as the colder months. So it’s very important to know how to avoid it. Here are a few tips.
- Try to stay in the shade during the hottest parts of the day.
- Wear light weighted and light colored clothing and keep the skin covered up as much as possible.
- Use sunscreen. If you plan on being in the water be sure to use waterproof sunscreen.
Always remember to find the joy of every moment.